Hours & Reservations
- Advance registration is required to play Cranbrook on the Green.
- Note: If you receive an error message when clicking on the summer tee times link, please refresh the page in your browser to access bookings.
- The course opens at 11am and the last start time is at 7:30pm, Wednesday – Sunday
- The course is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Ticket holders must arrive within 15 minutes of their start time, or their tickets will be forfeited. Refunds will not be issued for missed reservations.
- General admission is $15, Children 3-12 are $8.*
- The cost for ArtMembers and Detroit residents is $10*, Detroit residents should enter their five-digit zip code in the promo code area to receive the discounted admission.
- Youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to play.
- Check-in is at the Green Golf Cart located near the Cranbrook Art Museum Peristyle. Your tickets will be scanned and putters will be distributed. You will return your ball and putter to the Green Golf Cart at the end of play.
- Your ticket is valid for one entry at the specified time. While there is not a set time limit, the estimated time to experience the entire course is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- “Cranbrook on the Green” tickets include gallery admission to Cranbrook Art Museum. Ticket holders playing after the galleries close can return to visit and turn in their scorecard for free gallery admission. Offer expires September 30th.
*Eventbrite, our ticketing platform assesses a transaction fee and credit card processing fee for each ticket sold. The on-site fees for tickets sold at the Museum are $.50 for each ticket. For online advanced sales, the transaction fees per ticket are $1.88 for General Admission, $1.70 for Members, and $1.68 for Children’s tickets.
Weather & Refunds
- Tickets to Cranbrook on the Green are non-refundable.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for missed reservations.
- Cranbrook on the Green is open rain or shine except in cases of dangerous conditions such as lightning and thunder. Golf umbrellas can be borrowed at check-in for minor rain.
- If severe weather is expected, tickets will be credited with 24 hours’ notice. Ticket holders will receive a notification via email that the course will be closed and will have the opportunity to book a new date and time.
- If the course is closed temporarily due to inclement weather and ticket holders have arrived at the Museum, staff will assist with scheduling a new time on the same day when the course has reopened or issue a credit and ticket holders will have the opportunity to book a new date and time.
Parking & Directions
- Cranbrook on the Green is located at the Art Museum on the lawn adjacent to Mark di Suvero’s sculpture For Mother Theresa. At the intersection of Academy Way and Institute Way.
- Free parking is available in the Art Museum’s visitors’ lot.
- Overflow parking is available at the surface parking deck at the Cranbrook Institute of Science, a short walk from the Art Museum.
- Tickets can be purchased online or at the mini-golf check-in near the course.
- Members can purchase tickets for $10 for adults and $8 for kids.
- All members can purchase discounted tickets for their guests (subject to tee time availability).
- Tickets to mini-golf include general admission.
- Everyone needs a tee time to play including members and children, regardless of age. Everyone must have a ticket with an assigned tee time.
- New members, to receive the member discounted rate, enter the code you received on your membership receipt.
- Discounted tickets are only available for members of Cranbrook Art Museum and Members of Explore Cranbrook. Memberships may be purchased online or at the door. Cranbrook Institute of Science and Cranbrook House and Gardens members are not eligible for the member rate.
- Members do not receive a discount for private mini-golf events.
- Members and the general public may only play one round with admission.
Children & Strollers
- Youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to play. Companions are not required to purchase tickets.
- We ask visitors to play carefully and safely. Please do not climb on the structures and builds at each hole. Feet should stay on the golf turf. Be mindful of other players and treat the course like the work of art it is!
- Standard-size strollers are welcome; however, please note that stroller access may be limited and difficult on soft terrain. You are welcome to leave your stroller near the Cranbrook on the Green Golf Cart. Cranbrook is not responsible for lost or missing items in unattended strollers.
Photos & Videos
- Photography is allowed with mobile phones and small personal cameras.
- Tripods and monopods are prohibited at Cranbrook on the Green, on the grounds, and in the museum galleries.
- Share your experience using #CranbrookMiniGolf on social media.
- By entering an event or program of the Cranbrook Art Museum, you are entering an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
- Your entry and presence on the event premises constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded and to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of recorded media of your appearance, voice, and name in connection with the promotion of Cranbrook Art Museum and its activities, including, by way of example only, use on websites, in social media, news, and advertising.
- By entering the event premises, you waive and release any claims you may have related to the use of recorded media of you at the event, including, without limitation, any right to inspect or approve the photo, video or audio recording of you, any claims for invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, defamation, and copyright infringement or for any fees for use of such record media.
- You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done with this consent. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the event premises.
Rules of Play
• Groups are limited to 4 people per scorecard.
• Please wait for the group ahead to finish at each hole before your group begins to play.
• Limit 7 strokes per hole.
• The ball can be moved 6 inches from walls or obstacles without penalty.
• 1 penalty stroke if a ball jumps out of the hole. Start where the ball exited.
• Please play carefully. Be mindful of other players and treat the course like the work of art it is!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-645-3323 to speak with our visitor services staff during museum hours.