Please read about our updated policies as you plan your visit to the Cranbrook Art Museum. Please note the museum is pay-as-you-wish admission through April 24th while the upper galleries are closed for exhibition changeover.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Cranbrook Art Museum is a private institution devoted to public services. We require adherence to the protocols below in order to enter the museum space.
- Advanced reservation is available online. Pick a day and entry time for your visit at the link below. The hour selected is your time of arrival, you are welcome to stay beyond one hour. Walk-in admission is also available.
Reserve General Admission
- Masks are recommended but not required at this time.
- Don’t feel well? Stay home. Visitors showing signs of illness will be asked to return at a later date.
- Kids are always welcome but must stay with an adult at all times. Often artwork on display is tempting to little hands. Children under 3 are encouraged to stay in a stroller or carrier in the museum galleries.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Free parking is available in the Art Museum Lot.
- Cranbrook Art Museum has a single entry point. Follow signs to the main entrance at the museum peristyle. For barrier-free entry (no stairs) follow wayfinding from the parking lot and call 248-645-3320. If you have questions about entry call before your visit!
DURING YOUR VISIT
- No cash transactions. Credit or debit cards only at this time.
- Coat and bag check is not available. Please do not bring large bags (more than 11×15 inches) into the museum. There is a coat rack available, however, this is not monitored.
- Have fun, learn, and explore! We hope you continue to enjoy our grounds and gallery experiences during this extraordinary moment.
- Be smart, stay safe. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Please observe when in place!
Because of the dynamic nature of COVID-19, museum dates and hours of operation are subject to change. Please consult our website for the latest details before each visit.
If you have any questions reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As we plan, evaluate, and implement changes we would love to hear your feedback and any suggestions to improve the visitor experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our gallery spaces and have installed several new exhibitions that showcase many remarkable objects from our collection that are not often on view.
We have also modified the traditional gallery experience, allowing you to fully enjoy your visit while also keeping you safe. We ask that all visitors play a vital role in enabling a safe experience by observing appropriate social distancing, wearing face masks, and adhering to additional health and safety precautions. We will continue to provide virtual tours, family activities, and online programming for those who cannot or do not feel comfortable visiting at this time.
And we know many of you have continued to roam the grounds during our closure, and we are grateful that Cranbrook was able to continue to serve as a place of respite and inspiration during an extraordinary time. This has always been its intention.
We recognize that circumstances may change, and we will continue to evaluate and update our policies as needed. We remain hopeful that we will be able to serve our public under the safest possible new conditions, which we all continue to grow accustomed to.
We reopened to the public on July 22, 2020 and welcome all visitors.