Please read about our updated policies as you plan your visit to the Cranbrook Art Museum. All precautions are to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff. Thank you to all who have visited since our June reopening. We’ve been overwhelmed by the support of our community and loved welcoming old and new faces!
Monday – Tuesday, Closed
Thursday, 11am – 8pm, FREE admission
Friday – Sunday, 11am – 5pm
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Cranbrook Art Museum is a private institution devoted to public services. We require adherence to the protocols below in order to enter the museum space.
- Advanced reservation is available online. Pick a day and entry time for your visit at the link below.
Reserve General Admission
- Wear a mask. Face masks must be worn by all visitors older than 3, and all staff, at all times. Per CDC recommendations, face shields are not an acceptable substitute for masks.
- Don’t feel well? Stay home. Visitors showing signs of illness will be asked to return at a later date.
- Kids are welcome. Children must stay with an adult at all times. Children under 3 are encouraged to stay in a stroller or carrier in the museum galleries.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Free parking is available in the Art Museum Lot.
- Cranbrook Art Museum has a single entry point. Follow signs to the main entrance at the museum peristyle. For barrier-free entry (no stairs) follow wayfinding from the parking lot and call 248-645-3320.
- We are operating at reduced capacity. Per guidelines based on our square footage, we can safely welcome up to 50 visitors at any time. If the museum is at capacity you will be asked to wait in a monitored queue outside of the museum, regardless of advanced ticket purchase.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- No cash transactions. Credit or debit cards only at this time.
- Stay 6 feet apart. Social distancing is required and will be enforced. Parties may remain together. Social-distancing markers will be in place.
- Added precautions are in place. Acrylic panels will separate staff from visitors at the admission desk and enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces will take place throughout the day.
- Keep your hands clean. Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the building.
- Coat and bag check is not available. Please do not bring large bags (more than 11×15 inches) into the museum. There is a coat rack available, however, this is not monitored.
- Have fun, learn, explore! We hope you continue to enjoy our grounds and gallery experiences during this extraordinary moment.
- Be smart, stay safe. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Please observe the precautions above!
Because of the dynamic nature of COVID-19, museum dates and hours of operation are subject to change. Please consult our website for the latest details before each visit.
If you have any questions reach out to us at email@example.com. As we plan, evaluate, and implement changes we would love to hear your feedback and any suggestions to improve the visitor experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our gallery spaces and have installed several new exhibitions that showcase many remarkable objects from our collection that are not often on view.
We have also modified the traditional gallery experience, allowing you to fully enjoy your visit while also keeping you safe. We ask that all visitors play a vital role in enabling a safe experience by observing appropriate social distancing, wearing face masks, and adhering to additional health and safety precautions. We will continue to provide virtual tours, family activities, and online programming for those who cannot or do not feel comfortable visiting at this time.
And we know many of you have continued to roam the grounds during our closure, and we are grateful that Cranbrook was able to continue to serve as a place of respite and inspiration during an extraordinary time. This has always been its intention.
We recognize that circumstances may change, and we will continue to evaluate and update our policies as needed. We remain hopeful that we will be able to serve our public under the safest possible new conditions, which we all continue to grow accustomed to.
We reopened to the public on July 22, 2020 and welcome all visitors.